Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 6 and 7- Sea Day 2 and St. Maarten

Day 6 and 7- Sea Day 2 and St. Maarten!
 
Before I came on board I thought I would get maybe one tour of the ship one day of training and then be sent off to do my job but nope. I'll be in training and going through different orientations all week. It's a lot different then what I was expecting but I'm glad I've not just been dropped off and told to play with the kids. 
My room is much smaller than I thought it would be. Less walking around room then I thought and I can't sit up in bed. But the bathroom is bigger then I thought. I was picturing a airplane bathroom with a shower head over the toilet but it's not that small. 
The first night wasn't so bad but when I woke up I could definatly fell the waves. But after a sea calm pill I'm felling fine. There will be times when I try and put on a pair of my pants and almost fall over from the movement! Some waves or swells are worse then others. And it depends on where you are on the ship. To me it feels worse down in the crew areas then it does up top but they say it should be the opposite. 
It's hard to describe all the things about the ship but imagine the old submarine movies with the low ceiling and the raised thresholds but the walls are all white and the floor is bright blue. Monday morning I was supposed to be at a security meeting but got so lost I was almost 20 minutes late! I took a wrong turn down some stairs and I must have been doing circles. All the crew is super nice... It's disney after all and are willing to walk you to where you need to go. I'm getting much better but that's all the areas I have to go each day like the mess or to the hr training room.
Our second day at sea was more of the same, training with Kenny and Jim and getting to know the ways of the ship. But then on Tuesday we woke up to the greatest site ever... Land! I woke up that morning and didn't have any issues putting on my pants!!! We started off the day with a life-raft and safety training and then an all crew drill. If we are to ever get stuck in the life rafts I know I will be in good company, I have to performers on the raft with me. Billy and Steve are both from London and performer an act at several of the bars every night. They were super fun to talk to. But the safety officer, Marko, kept asking us question since he thought we weren't paying attention but we were so we got all his questions right! 
A little after 11 Beth and I had our feet touch land for the first time! We decided to walk into town and have some lunch. After our lunch we did some light shopping and headed back for the ship. Even though I'm a Phoenician and should be able to handle the heat it was just too hot for us to spend a lot of time outside. 
I'll have to say that Kenny is an awesome trainer, for our training he had us do a scavenger hunt to find different things around the ship and to help us get to know the ship. Then after that we got to play with the kids in the club. There was a pirates of the Caribbean party last night on the deck so down in the club we were helping the kids become pirates! Soooooooo much fun! The little kids we so cute. 
St. Maarten was fun and we are on our way to St. Thomas tomorrow!      

No comments:

Post a Comment