Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 4 - Embarkment

Day 4 - Embarkment!

Today was amazing!!!! I can hardly believe what today has been like! I'll try to put it all into words.
As I'm writing this it feels like it's been a hundred years since I woke ip this morning up it's only been 15 hours. Beth and I had to be up and ready to go downstairs by 5am. We decided to get up at 4 to make sure we had everything ready to go on time. We luckily did wake up on time and made it on to the bus bound for the ship. About an hour and a half into the drive I looked out the window and their she sat! My new home for the next four months! And man is she beautiful! You should all look up pictures of how amazing this ship really is, but seeing it in person is the best way to go!
The whole day has been a wurl whil of ship tours and safety training and all that fun new hire stuff!
One highlight though is I got to take a nap! We had about a two hours break in the afternoon so I got to lay down and recharge my battery!
I got to meet my leader and training counselor for YA, Kenny! He is amazing! Steph- you will remember him! He just got back from vacation and was her trainer on the Wonder! He says to hi and that your amazing and he misses everyone from the Wonder!
Alot alot alot has happened today but it's hard to tell everything in one post!
Just know that I'm having an amazing time and I miss you all!!
Lots of Love!
Shannon

3 comments:

  1. Shannon, sounds like you are having a blast so far. I laugh as you mention about having to be up at 5am to lobby for your van. Now you know what I go through everyday. Sometime we have to be up at 430am and while it is only half hour it is a big diffrence. David and I cant wait to read more. Love and Miss ya Bill and David

    ReplyDelete
  2. A 4am wake up call!! Thats so EARLY! If you feel sleepy, just watch the sun rise and tell yourself, "everything the light touches is your kingdom." :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow, I am so excited for you!!!! Bon voyage and keep the updates a-comin'!

    ReplyDelete