Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. Holidays on the Disney Magic.
Well with less then seven weeks till I head back to the dry heat of phx I figured I better update you with what has happened in the past 8 weeks since my last post. First of all I'm still loving it! Not gonna lie it is the hardest and most exhausting thing I have ever done. But it's all worth it. Ok soooooooo here goes...
Thanksgiving!
I feels so strange to be talking about this, it feels like a million years ago. Well the week before thanksgiving I got the flu. No fun to be sick on a ship. So for about two days I was stuck in my cabin coughing sneezing and feeling miserable. My room Lauren at the time was so sweet. Every few hours she would call or drop by the room to check on me and see if I needed anything. (Lauren is currently on the Dream!) but after a few days of bed rest I was up and back to my old self. So the day of thanksgiving was pretty much a normal day. It was a sea day so we were jam packed most of the day. I figured before hand that as soon as dinner time hit all the kids would clear out and be with their families, but that wasn't the case that day or Christmas. I had not eaten much all day to make sure I had lots of room to stuff myself with my favorite foods. But I realized once I got to the mess the foods I was looking most forward too were the ones that are unique to my family only. Like my grandmas noodles and cranberry salad. Or Aunt Jennie's pies and Bills sausage stuffing. So although the food was great it made me miss home. That night I did do something that made it feel a little more normal for me. I went and saw Tangled. It is a family tradition that we go see movies so seeing it made it feel more like home. Ps Tangled is amazing and you should all good see it if you haven't!!!
December
The weeks following came with some bitter sweet events. We lost a large amount of the ya staff to go to the Dream. But while I lost a great roommate in Lauren I got an amazing roommate in Lindsey!!!! Lindsey is also from ya but she is from England and is hilarious! We are constantly making each other laugh and giggling like little school girls having a sleep over. She is very laid back and easy going and let's me be the crazy person that I am and doesn't mind! She is a god sent!
The first few weeks of decemeber were jut the regular seven day cruises. Then on 18th we left for our 11 night Christmas cruise. The week before we left our department decided to do a secret snowflake gift exchange. For the exchange we did three different gifts. The first you had to make, the second was something under $5 and the last was $20. I drew Ryan, he is the assistant manager of the club. Really nice guy. Lindsey got Arnoldo, the manger of all of ya. He had only just joined us from the Wonder and no one knew anything about him. Thankfully I was able to email Steph and get the skinny. But Lindsey was so scared he would hate her present and fire her! Hahah! For my free gift I decided to decorate Ryan's door. (when I'm able to I'll upload photos!) Lindsey and I went on a secret mission to do it and ended up rolling on the floor laughing, cause every time we heard someone come around the corner we would jump and try and hide thinking it might be Ryan. But it ended up being a success and I think it looked great! For the other two gifts I decorated him a piggy bank and got him a gift card. (Hey mom you'll like this, in the cards for the piggy bank I wrote him a little ditty! You would have been proud! My mom is famous for her little ditties!)
...this is now the conclusion of part 1 please continue reading on the next blog! :)
awesome goo! very cool.
ReplyDelete